Employee Spotlight: Brie
This month’s employee spotlight is dedicated to one of our newest team members, Brie!
Brie went to Milwaukee Area Technical College and earned her Associate’s degree in graphic design and a diploma in web design.
A typical day at the Platy Pad for Brie includes working on anything from brochures, logos, print ads all the way to billboards.
“It’s a fun experience having something new to work on everyday.” – Brie
What got you interested in perusing design/the career path you are in? Aka – that “ah-ha!” moment.
“I kind of always knew from a young age that I wanted to do something to with design. My mom was always (and still is) creating artwork. I couldn’t help but want to join in and make something wonderful. I found out that designing things could actually be a career when I took my first Adobe class in High School. I get to design things and work on a Mac? My mind was made up instantly.”
What is your favorite part about working at Platypus Advertising + Design?
“My favorite part is being able to figure out and provide solutions for the projects that I work on – it doesn’t feel like work at all. Not to mention that the people here are great!”
What has been your biggest career challenge and how did you overcome it?
“During my last job, an issue came up when my managers were out of state. I had to figure out a solution on my own. This is the first instance where I really had to push myself to be an independent, critical thinker.”
What are some of your hobbies/interests?
3. Creating prints on Etsy
4. Playing Mario Kart
5. Spending time with my boyfriend
Hold on tight, folks. It’s speed-round time!
- First job – Elizabeth Residence as a Utility Aid.
- Favorite TV Show – Currently watching “The Walking Dead”.
- Favorite meal – Spongebob Macaroni and Cheese
- Dream vaca spot – Italy
- What’s on your iPod – iTunes Radio – so I can listen to a little bit of everything.
- Possession you would be lost without – iPhone
- 3 words that describe you – Introvert, Organized, and Happy
- Little-known fact about you – I’ve never eaten meat.
- Favorite quote – “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”
We are all so happy to have Brie on board and are looking forward to her wonderful design work in 2015!